The Think Tank Fund of the Open Society Foundations requests proposals for core and institutional funding from independent, multi-issue public policy centers working in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, and Ukraine.
To be considered for core funding, your organization has to meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally registered think tank in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine.
- Examine economic, political and social reform issues in your country with an emphasis on government responsibility and effectiveness
- Embrace an inclusive approach to policy making
- Undertake thorough and rigorous research, and develop thematic expertise to inform public debates in a responsible and accurate manner and to position itself as a credible interlocutor for the government and other public actors.
The Think Tank Fund does not support:
- project funding—i.e. one-time policy research on a specific idea
- scholarly research
- academic fellowships and scholarships
- one-off event (workshop, seminar, conference)
- research in art and natural science
- technical assistance projects OR provision of technical assistance to public institutions