International participation grants serve to strengthen the voices of Roma rights advocates at international conferences and events that are considered key to the issues, priorities, and focus areas of the Roma Initiatives Office. Grant recipients are expected to play an active role in the events they attend.
Preference will be given to individuals representing past or current grantees, those who do not have access to other funding sources, and/or those who are a part of larger networks or coalitions. The amount of the grant will depend on the specific event, and can include reasonable costs related to airfare, accommodation, conference registration, and per diem. The Roma Initiatives Office have a limited amount of funding for international participation grants, and that the amount granted may be less than the amount requested if and when an award is made.
Only individuals from countries eligible for funding from the Roma Initiatives Office should apply. Public officials and political party representatives are ineligible for support, as well as individuals promoting principles contrary to those of the Open Society Foundations.
International Participation Grant applicants should apply online and provide the following information:
- Brief description of the organization and/or community interests you represent.
- Brief description of the event you wish to attend.
- Answers to the following:
- What issues will you represent and advocate at the event?
- What written or verbal contribution will you make?
- Who, besides you, will benefit from your participating in the event?
- What, if any, follow-up plans do you have after the event?
- Please list your past participation in other similar events.
- Detailed budget for the total amount requested.
- Listing of any other funding sources.
If an applicant is awarded an international participation grant, they will be required to send the Roma Initiatives Office a report on the event, including details about the applicant's specific written and/or verbal contribution.
Applications will be decided upon on a rolling basis. Applicants should aim to submit their requests at least one month before the event for which the request is being made.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.