The Open Society Roma Initiatives and Central European University (CEU) announce scholarship opportunities for an eight-month intensive English language training program at CEU in Budapest during the 2012-2013 academic year. The program will run from the mid-October 2012 through the mid-June 2013.
The Roma English Language Program (RELP) aims to improve the personal development of young Roma university graduates from Central and Eastern Europe.The goal of the training is to enhance participants’ English language skills in order for them to successfully apply for the European Commission Internship for Young Roma University Graduates, the Roma Access Program at CEU, and other internship, career and educational opportunities. Furthermore, RELP works to build strong Roma youth leadership in terms of skills, knowledge, pride and commitment to the betterment of Roma communities.
The full Roma English Language Program scholarship covers the tuition fee, accommodations, health insurance, travel expenses, and a monthly stipend.
- Applications are welcome from candidates from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Candidates must have completed a course of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications.
- Candidates should have a basic level of English that allows them to fill in the application form in English.
- Minimum computer literacy is a requirement for participation.
- Candidates must be willing to live in Budapest for the duration of the training.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the fax number or mailing address provided on the application form.
The full call for applications in English and the application form are available for download on this page.
The call for applications in other languages can be downloaded at www.romadecade.org/relp_2012.