The Think Tank Fund of the Open Society Foundations invites talented and dedicated young researchers to apply for a fellowship that would allow them to spend up to three months in one of the leading think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe.
Applicants should be:
- Permanent residents in one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Serbia, and Kosovo. Applicants from the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia) please apply at the European Fund for the Balkans, the local partner of the Think Tank Fund. Follow the link for the current call: Fellowship Programme for Policy Researchers from the Western Balkans Region
- Full-time employees at a think tank, policy center, or NGO with strong research component in one of the Think Tank Fund target countries for at least for one year at the time of application and plan to stay for at least one more year. This requirement can be a subject to the sending organization's human resource policy.
- Between 24 and 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
In accordance with the Think Tank Fund's overall mission, this fellowship program has the following goals:
- To equip junior researchers with tools necessary to effectively influence policy-making processes and develop innovative and quality policy products;
- To contribute to institutional development of think tanks by broadening their professional networks, improving the junior employee skills and increasing their motivation for better participation and generation of new ideas;
- To enrich portfolios and networks of think tanks by bringing in researchers with different background.
Download and read the complete guidelines at left.