The Open Society Foundation is an independent UK charity based in London that serves as a key discussion forum for scholars, eminent leaders, and other public figures. The foundation provides these groups and individuals with a space where they can present and debate issues such as the integration of minorities in Europe and international human rights initiatives.
Global initiatives housed at the Open Society Foundation in London include:
- Africa Regional Office
- Early Childhood Program
- Economic Advancement Program
- Education Support Program
- Information Program
- International Higher Education Support Program
- International Migration Initiative
- Program on Independent Journalism
- Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa
- Open Society Justice Initiative
- Human Rights Initiative
- Scholarship Programs
The Open Society Foundation in London is governed by a board of trustees, who are responsible for ensuring that the foundation is well-managed in line with its mission and its objectives as a registered company limited by guarantee and charity in England and Wales.
Charity number: 1105069. Company number: 4571628.