The boards of the Open Society Foundations guide the strategy, budgets, and direction of our work. Composed of advocates of open society values from around the world, our boards provide expert advice and oversight.
The Global Board is the international advisory board to the Open Society Foundations. The Global Board is the only body that reviews and advises with respect to all programs and entities within the Open Society Foundations. The board considers the strategies submitted by all Open Society entities and programs, and conducts reviews and recommends corresponding budgets.
The Open Society Foundations benefit from the advice and experience of the Advisory Boards, who advise the geographic programs. Members of the Advisory Boards of the geographic programs are prominent regional experts on the social, political, and economic issues of the geographic area.
The Open Society Foundations benefit from the advice and experience of the Advisory Boards, who advise on various thematic programs. Thematic program Advisory Boards are comprised of prominent experts in fields related to the programs they advise.
- Early Childhood Program Advisory Board
- Education Support Program Advisory Board
- Global Drug Policy Advisory Board
- Human Rights Initiative Advisory Board
- Information Program Advisory Board
- Higher Education Support Program Advisory Board
- International Migration Initiative Advisory Committee
- Women’s Rights Program Advisory Board
- Program on Independent Journalism Advisory Board
- Scholarship Programs Advisory Board
- Open Society Fellowship Advisory Board
- Open Society Justice Initiative Board
- Public Health Program, Global Health Advisory Committee
- Roma Initiatives Advisory Board