The first ever Innovation & Impact Forum for Black Male Achievement will connect committed leaders from philanthropy, nonprofit, business, and government to collaborate and ensure that progress continues in improving the life outcomes of black men and boys.
What Winning Looks Like: Investing in What Works will accelerate the current momentum in the field of black male achievement by strengthening philanthropic partnerships, showcasing leaders and organizations making an impact, and building cross-sector collaborations. This will be achieved through:
- Profiling young, emerging leaders
- Showcasing major initiatives and innovations in the field
- Providing practical research, data, and field-building tools
- Providing networking opportunities for attendees to connect
- Sessions on proven strategies that are working to improve the life outcomes of black men and boys
Highlights from the Forum include:
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg opening remarks
- Panel discussion with George Soros, Geoff Canada, Dr. Robert Ross, and Alexis McGill Johnson
- Launch of the Leadership & Sustainability Institute
- Young Leaders Khalil Fuller of NBA Math Hoops and Tyree Dumas of Dollarboyz, Inc.
- Closing remarks by Campaign for Black Male Achievement Manager Shawn Dove
A live webcast of the event will be provided by Fora.tv.