In September of 2011 the Campaign for Black Male Achievement brought together leaders from the responsible fatherhood and mentoring fields to participate in an ongoing discussion about innovative practices and lessons learned to improve the life outcomes of black men and boys.
Fathers Incorporated, Mentoring USA, Black Butterfly, Inc, Urban Leadership Institute, the National Center for Civic Innovation, and the Open Society Foundations co-hosted the event.
Partial Speaker List
- Kenneth Braswell, Executive Director, Fathers Incorporated
- Reverend Alfonso Wyatt, Strategic Destiny, Inc.
- Chris Broussard, Journalist, ESPN and K.I.N.G.
- Shawn Dove, Campaign Manager, Campaign for Black Male Achievement at Open Society Foundations
- David Miller, Co-Founder, Urban Leadership Institute
- Rashid Shabazz, Program Officer, Campaign for Black Male Achievement at Open Society Foundations
- Dr. Haki Madhubuti, Third World Press