Please join the Aftermath Project and the Open Society Foundations for the U.S. book launch of War Is Only Half the Story: Ten Years of the Aftermath Project.
Founded in 2006, the Aftermath Project is committed to telling the other half of the story of conflict—the story of what it takes for individuals to learn to live again, rebuild destroyed lives and homes, restore civil societies, and address the lingering wounds of war while struggling to create new avenues for peace. Through grant making to photographers, strategic partnerships, international traveling exhibitions, and educational outreach, the Aftermath Project seeks to broaden the public’s understanding of both the true cost of war and the real price of peace.
The Aftermath Project is a grantee of the Open Society Documentary Photography Project.
Refreshments will be served.
- Amy Yenkin (moderator) is an independent producer and editor.
- Sara Terry is founder and director of the Aftermath Project.
- Nina Berman is a photographer and an Aftermath Project grantee (2016).
- Andrew Lichtenstein is a photographer and an Aftermath Project grantee (2012).
- Jessica Hines is a photographer and an Aftermath Project finalist (2010).
- Juan Arredondo is a photographer and an Aftermath Project finalist (2016).
- Christopher Capozziello is a photographer and an Aftermath Project finalist (2012).