Conversations on Justice, a public education series of the Open Society Foundations’ Justice Roundtable, hosts the launch of a new publication by The Sentencing Project, To Build a Better Criminal Justice System: 25 Experts Envision the Next 25 Years of Reform.
The publication grows out of the recent 25-year anniversary of The Sentencing Project, during which the organization invited scholars, policy advocates, and others to contribute essays on goals and strategies for long-term reform. The panel discussion will include five contributors to the publication.
- Paul Butler, Professor, The George Washington University Law School
- Seema Gajwani, Program Officer for Criminal Justice, Public Welfare Foundation
- Marie Gottschalk, Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- Vanita Gupta, Director, ACLU Center for Justice and Deputy Legal Director
- Glenn Martin, Director, David Rothenberg Center
for Public Policy, The Fortune Society
- Marc Mauer, Executive Director, The Sentencing Project (moderator)