As the UK government prepares to update its CONTEST counterterrorism strategy, this event, hosted by Yasmin Qureshi, MP, will discuss a new report from the Open Society Justice Initiative, assessing the human rights impact of the strategy’s Prevent counter-extremism initiative in the health and education sectors.
Drawing on legal analysis, case studies and interviews, the report presents the most comprehensive account to date of how Prevent is being implemented in these areas.
- Yasmin Qureshi (Labour) is a member of parliament for Bolton South East (host).
- Lucy Allan (Conservative) is a member of parliament for Telford.
- Dr. Clare Gerada is former chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners and member of the council of the British Medical Association.
- Alex Kenny is a member of the national executive of the National Union of Teachers and chair of the union’s education and equalities committee.
- Amrit Singh is the author of Eroding Trust: The UK’s Prevent Counter-Extremism Strategy in Health and Education.
To attend this event, please RSVP to Priya Dev at [email protected].