Hosted by Jean Lambert, Member of the European Parliament for the Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance, and supported by Human Rights Watch and the Open Society Foundations, this panel discussion marks the opening of a photographic exhibition on the plight of Burma’s Rohingya from award-winning photographer Greg Constantine.
The panelists will examine the situation of the Rohingya, a Muslim minority who are denied basic rights and citizenship, and are recognized as one of the most persecuted peoples in the world.
- Jean Lambert, Member of the European Parliament and host
- Greg Constantine, creator of the photographic essay Exiled to Nowhere
- Tun Khin: President, Burmese Rohingya Organization UK
- Lotte Leicht, EU Director of Human Rights Watch
- Eszter Nemeth, EU representative (ECHO)
European Parliament, Room ASP 3H1, Brussels