Featured at this Open Society Institute event is Carlos Castresana, the Spanish prosecutor who currently leads the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG), an unprecedented entity that seeks to assist Guatemalan institutions in investigating and ultimately dismantling domestic illegal security apparatuses and clandestine security organizations. At the same time, CICIG represents an innovative step in the evolution of "hybrid" internationalized justice: a UN-sponsored entity sharing significant law enforcement responsibilities with national authorities.
- Carlos Castresana, Commissioner, International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala
- Roberto Alejos, President of the Guatemalan Congress
- Rigoberta Menchú, 1992 Nobel Peace Prize winner
- Peter Lamport, former Minister of Finance and former Guatemalan Ambassador to the U.S.
- Aryeh Neier, President, Open Society Institute
- Robert Varenik, Director of Programs, Open Society Justice Initiative
Open Society Justice Initiative