The Open Society Institute and Mental Disability Rights International (MDRI) hosted a symposium on human rights and advocacy for people with mental disabilities.
The following speakers participated:
- Dr. Michael Borowitz, Director, OSI Public Health Program
- Aryeh Neier, President, OSI
- David and Sheila Rothman, Columbia University
- Clarence Sundram, President, MDRI
- Alison A. Hillman, Director, Americas Advocacy, MDRI
- Dr. Robert Okin, Chief of Psychiatry, San Francisco General Hospital
- Eric Rosenthal, Executive Director, MDRI
Following the symposium, attendees viewed MDRI's work through the documentary photography of Eugene Richards, whose images appear in OSI's Moving Walls 10 exhibit.