The Washington Office of the Open Society Foundations hosts a reception for Moving Walls, our documentary photography series.
The Moving Walls 17 photographers include:
- Jan Banning, "Bureaucratics"
- Mari Bastashevski, "File 126 (Disappearing in the Caucasus)"
- Christian Holst, "In the Quiet Land: Life Under the Military Regime of Burma"
- Saiful Huq Omi, "The Disowned and the Denied: Stateless Rohingya Refugees in Bangladesh"
- Ara Oshagan, "Juvies: A Collaborative Portrait of High-Risk Juvenile Offenders in the California Prison System"
- "Chachipe: An Exploration of Roma Images and Identity," selections from the Chachipe Youth Photography Contest
- Lori Waselchuk, "Grace Before Dying"
Since its inception in 1998, Moving Walls has featured over 100 photographers whose works address a variety of social justice and human rights issues that coincide with the Open Society Foundations’ mission.