Parliamentary Elections in Moldova
Organized by the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, the Moldova Foundation, and the Open Society Institute, this conference featured prominent regional experts, including OSI Regional Director Jonas Rolett.
Nonpartisan Election Monitoring and Electoral Process Assessment
- Stephen Nix, Eurasia Division Director, IRI, Washington, DC
- Alex Grigorevs, Resident Director NDI Moldova, Chisinau, Moldova
- Igor Botan, Executive Director, Adept Association for Participatory Democracy, Chisinau, Moldova
- Angela Sirbu, Executive Director, Independent Journalism Center, Chisinau, Moldova
- Moderator: Jonas Rolett, Regional Director, Open Society Institute, Washington, DC
Assessing the Results of Parliamentary Elections and Their Implication for Regional Security and for Moldova's Democratization
- Ambassador John T. Stewart, OSCE Elections Observer to Moldova
- John Finerty, Staff Advisor, U.S. Congress Helsinki Commission
- Brock Bierman, Senior Advisor, Bureau for Europe and Eurasia, USAID
- Lee McManis, Desk Officer for Moldova, U.S. Department of State
- Moderator: Vlad Spanu, Executive Director, Moldova Foundation, Washington, DC
There Is An Alternative
The Climate Emergency Demands a New Approach to Investor-State Disputes
The international community needs to adjust its approach to trade and investment agreements until the public interest is truly served.
Quality over Quantity
The Real Question about EU Sanctions
It’s true that sanctions disrupt the plans of wealthy autocrats. But to implement them in a moral and ethical way, policymakers must establish clear rules and oversight.
A Victory for Workers
Why Uber’s Loss Is a Win for Labor Rights
Thanks to a recent ruling from the United Kingdom’s highest court, Uber will now be recognized as what it has always been—an employer. This marks a significant step forward for workers’ rights in the gig economy.