The Open Society Foundations surveyed 36,344 respondents across 30 countries between May 18, and July 21, 2023. The countries were:
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
These countries were chosen to reflect the following considerations:
- A mix of country income levels with the majority in the lower middle-income category.
- Balanced geographic spread.
- A mix of countries in important international institutional groupings. e.g., the G20, BRICS, as well as “non-aligned” countries, including groupings such as the Vulnerable 20 (V20) countries.
There were some limitations on country selection based on:
- Where it was possible to reach a nationally or urban center representative sample, good online coverage, and a possible sample size of 1,000 people.
- Where our fieldwork partners had local providers on the ground able to conduct robust research.