Created by experienced overdose trainers and reviewed by peers and medical professionals, this book provides a resource for the development and implementation of overdose prevention and response programs by drug user activist groups and harm reduction organizations, particularly in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. It combines practical information about overdose risk with strategies for preventing, identifying, and responding effectively.
Overdose Prevention and Response includes:
- Descriptions of commonly used drugs, and their risk of overdose
- Sample training curricula for overdose prevention workshops
- Tips from experienced overdose trainers and harm reduction experts
- Overdose background and basics
- Region-specific information for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
This guide is intended for anyone interested in acting to prevent and respond to overdose, including people who use drugs, harm reduction organizations, social workers, and family and friends of drug users.
Overdose Prevention and Response is the second book of the Harm Reduction Field Guide Series produced by the Open Society Public Health Program.
Download the complete guide in English or Russian.