The conference will critically assess the achievements of the Eastern Partnership policy, the effectiveness of its existing toolbox, and whether it has brought about real change on the ground.
Speakers will also look ahead to the Brussels Eastern Partnership summit and beyond, and offer recommendations for calibrating the European Union’s policy to tackle better the emerging trends and challenges in the region.
- Adam Balcer (moderator) is a lecturer at the Centre for East European Studies at the University of Warsaw.
- Petro Burkovskiy is a senior research fellow at the Democratic Initiatives Foundation.
- Vano Chkhikvadze is the EU integration field manager of the Open Society Georgia Foundation.
- Ján Cingel is the acting head of the European Neighbourhood Programme at the GLOBSEC Policy Institute.
- Alexander Duleba is the director of the Slovak Foreign Policy Association.
- Ziya Guliyev is chair of the Center for Legal Initiatives at the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum Steering Committee.
- Rebecca Harms is a member of the European Parliament.
- Iskra Kirova is a senior policy analyst at the Open Society European Policy Institute.
- Miriam Lexmann is the EU regional program director of the International Republican Institute.
- Linas Linkevičius is the minister of foreign affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Katarína Mathernová is deputy director general in DG NEAR at the European Commission. (TBC)
- Lawrence Meredith is director for Neighbourhood East in DG NEAR at the European Commission. (TBC)
- Boris Navasardyan is head of the Yerevan Press Club and member of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum Steering Committee.
- Timur Onica is civil society professional in the EU neighbourhood at the European Endowment for Democracy.
- Jerzy Pomianowski is the executive director of the European Endowment for Democracy.
- Dmytro Shulga is the European program director of the International Renaissance Foundation.
- Zuzana Stuchlikova is the head of the Brussels Office of the EUROPEUM/Think Visegrad Platform.
- Natalia Yerashevich is the director of secretariat of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum.
- Věra Řiháčková (moderator) is advocacy and membership manager at the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum.
European Endowment for Democracy, Rue de la Loi 34, 1000 Brussels, Belgium